Shopping in a foreign country can be rewarding and exciting but it has its pitfalls, intricate art of haggling is a challenge for visitors who are used to fix prices at their mall at home, Shopping is fun and one can easily get carried away. Below is a list of tips and tricks that can help one avoid making an expensive mistake while shopping.
Think about the product use.
· Before one hands over his hard earned cash it is important to stop and think whether the item he or she is to buy is useful at home, depending on variation in technology some item are only used in certain country, also the power rating of some item is set depending on country of use, it is thus important to look at those two aspect to avoid spending on an item that is of less use in your country.
Look for variety.
· Don’t just stop on street and buy in case of clothing hunt out small boutiques it is possible to find an original piece that is hard to find on street here, check label to see its origin, go for locally made item as they are cheap compared to imported one.
Avoid tourist shops.
· In tourist shops goods often have inflated prices, it thus important for one no to fallow tour guides recommended shopping areas as they are paid for sending one in those expensive premises, one should do his own research on best shopping areas.
Do a research.
· If one intends to buy expensive items such as Jewellery, art or an oriented carpet it is important of him to do a good research about company loading charges, processing fee as this can have a difference to the final cost of the purchase.
· Prices fall from stall to stall it is thus important for one to compare prices before deciding on where to buy, ask for a rough guide of local prices from someone e.g. hotel concierge.
Prepare to haggle with traders.
· It is fun but helpful in cutting down the price, do not just buy a product on it marked price ask for price reduction i.e. two third of its original asking price, the main trick is to appear not too eager to buy, for them to cut down the price.
Pay via credit card.
· For big ticket item such as jewelry it is important for one to make payment via credit card as this can protect one if he or she get home and realizes that the purchase is not worth what he paid.
Never enter in a haggling situation unprepared.
· On approaching the seller it is important of one to have already shopped around and determine approximate cost of an item , one should have two numbers in mind that is the price that one would ideally like to pay and maximum amount one is willing to spend.
Look of quality item.
· Nowadays the market is floored with substandard products, it is thus important of one to conduct a good research on the manufacture and the origin of the product to avoid falling in a trap of fake product.
Traveling from one country to the other (USA),It is important for one to be authorized by USA ESTAas this body authorizes one to travel thus one faces no traveling problems.